Saturday 24 April 2010

Trip to Auld Reekie

It was Himself's birthday on Thursday so we went to Edinburgh for an overnight stay.

We love Edinburgh, in fact we lived there for a few years and we would probably go back tomorrow if we could.

I'm a bit disappointed by the decision to introduce trams. When I first heard about it, I had romantic visions of old fashioned trams, gently trundling through the streets, not something that looks like it has escaped from Blade Runner!! I have doubts about this but I shall have to reserve judgement until I see it in action (and check out the prices of course). http://tinyurl.com/2ufw5mm
I just think it’s a shame that such a beautiful city with so much going for it cannot live by the maxim that if its not broken, don’t fix it!

Notwithstanding our surprise over the recent changes in the city (and not all for the best either in my opinion) we had a lovely time. Typically, the weather was unkind and it peed down yesterday, which limited the photographic opportunities a bit but who cares, eh? It was just nice to be back "home" for a while!

Edinburgh Fashions!!


The Royal Mile, one of my favourite ever streets.


This was the view from our hotel room - very picturesque!!


Lunch at Deacon Brodie's Tavern. It was lovely and highly recommended!


We didn't do any sunbathing!!


A bucket full of gin in the window of the whisky shop!!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! Please feel free to leave a comment and thanks for dropping by!