Friday 25 June 2010

Sonic Rock Solstice

Last weekend we travelled down to Wales to attend the Sonic Rock Solstice. Wow! What a fab time we had!! The weather was lovely, we met some great people, the music was amazing and basically everything except our tent was perfect!

The tent was a bit of a disaster. Several years ago I went to Glastonbury with some friends and one of the party had a pop up tent. At the time it was somewhat revolutionary and an object of awe and wonderment. Easy to put up; easy to pack away - and quite roomy into the bargain. So ,when I bought my lovely new pink pop up tent a couple of weeks ago, I expected something even better; given the passage of time and advances in technology.

What I actually got was an apology for a tent that my Barbies (not to mention Himself) would be embarrassed to be seen in public with. Comments from our fellow festival-goers included "what, there are TWO of you sleeping in there??" and "....I thought we had the worst tent....."

We also caused major amusement when it came to folding the damn thing back up too. Firstly the instructions were incomplete (I feel a complaint letter coming on.....) and secondly, no matter what we did we could NOT get it small enough to go back in its carry case thingy. In the end we had to tie it together using the guy ropes and pile loads of stuff on top of it in case it decided to sproing open in the car on the way home!!

The journey home is worthy of a post of its own so I will leave this for now and come back to it later! Stay tuned for the next thrilling episode folks!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! Please feel free to leave a comment and thanks for dropping by!