Sunday 1 November 2009

The First Step!!

Ooh this is exciting and a bit scary! I've decided to create this blog today. Not such an easy task as you may think because Betty kitten has decided that she needs lots of love today and has been climbing all over me. She's completely lacerated me - I feel a bit like a pin cushion! For reasons known only to himself, Marmite decided to chase her around earlier and there was a great deal of howling, wailing and scuffling about. Marmite tried to look innocent when I caught him but it was a bit difficult to carry it off as he had a lump of Betty's fur hanging out his mouth.
Well, I'm being harrassed by Himself to tidy up my crafting area. I admit it is a wee bit of a mess and the sitting room is not the best place to work. Ok, so my little crafting corner is gradually creeping right the way through the room........perhaps I need to get a bit organised. Is there any such thing as a tidy crafter/artist though? I'll do it later........maybe.......
The weather out there is minging. Wet and windy and very dull. Himself really wants to go out and take some photos and is extremely dischuffed with the yuckiness out there. He's now thinking he might be able to get some mean'n'moody pictures up the coast somewhere. Should be fun. I'm going to dig out Ollie's coat (if it still fits him. He's put on a few pounds since his operation earlier this year). Mind you, Himself doesnt like going out in public with Ollie wearing his coat!! Tee hee!
I had a fab night last night. Met up with an old friend and her partner and we went to a local pizza place for tea. I had my first experience of Tapas. Actually it was lovely - the spicy potatoes nearly blew my head off though! Worked out quite expensive and the more I think about it I'm convinced we were over charged for our drinks. After that, I went to the shops with Himself for some bits and bobs and when we got back we had some salad (bargain pre-made salads 9p each!!!) and watched Pet Semetary. Even though I've seen it loads of times before I had to take a bravery pill before going up to the loo in case I came face to face with Victor Pascow!!!! Himself bought some bargain DVDs......the Passion of The Christ, Borat (which I'm convinced we already have) and ...... Iron Man. Good grief. He'll never watch any of them - I guarantee it!!
Yesterday afternoon we went to a small local harbour and took some photos. There was a woman down on the beach with her horse and her pomeranian dog (strange mix!). The horse had been having a dip in the see (a bit reluctantly) and then decided to have a nice roll in the sand! Not a sight you see every day.
I'm hoping to get some cards made later on today. I'm working on one for my ATCs from the Darkside group but I'm having a few problems with it. Its coming out a bit cartoony which isnt really what I wanted. Its based on this photo by Himself http://www.flickr.com/photos/42957180@N03/4028735031/
I'd hoped to get a few more Hallowe'en cards done too. Technically its a bit late but I can look forward to next year!
Ok, going to get ready to go out now. And so ends my first bloggeration (new word of the day!!) Howver, as I am extremely gobby, no doubt I will be back later on!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! Please feel free to leave a comment and thanks for dropping by!