Saturday 24 July 2010

Birthday

Yesterday was my birthday. I was literally 21 again (you can work it out!!).
I actually went into a bit of a Birthday Grump, which isn't really like me. I think a lot of it had to do with the fact that its been so hot recently I haven't been able to manage more than a couple of hours unbroken sleep per night, which had left me feeling more than a bit cranky!!

I did manage to rally myself though and had a lovely day. I was extremely spoiled by Himself and my lovely family and the Barbie Army has 4 new recruits - including a Ken who looks disturbingly like Mark Owen from Take That!!

Other news is that I have had my hair chopped. Its never been the same since I tried very unsuccessfully to bleach it a few weeks ago. I made another mistake though by getting layers cut in, forgetting of course that it always looks fab when my hairdresser drys and styles it; but tends to look like a well-used mop when I do!! I am liking its shortness though, much quicker to wash and cooler at night - I have extremely thick hair and it gets very hot under there!!

We went shopping today at the Metro Centre  http://www.metrocentre.uk.com/. I was meant to be looking for clothes for my new job, which I start on Monday; however, I came home with a new skirt, dress and two tops, none of which are really work-friendly!! they were all reduced in the sales though (apart from one top but I got a 10% discount on it as it was a display model!!).

I also got these shoes  http://tinyurl.com/39tag3c

Anyone who knows me will be aware that I don't do high heels, largely because I cannot walk in them in the slightest, but I NEEDED these shoes and if necessary I will use a zimmer frame whenever I wear them!

4 comments:

  1. oh im in love with those shoes, so cool....

    Happy Birthday too, sounds like it was good one..

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look even better in real life!

    Thank you, it was great! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Many happy birthdays! And many apologies for my muppet-ness with your card.

    I LOVE your shoes. They are fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Mrs B. Its always nice to receive a card or two after the day itself....makes nice things last longer!! I adore the card :-)

    Pleased you like the shoes - they made me think of you!

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Please feel free to leave a comment and thanks for dropping by!