Friday 16 July 2010

Time.....


I have come to the conclusion that no matter how much time you have off work, it is never ever enough.

For example, my contract for my last job ended on 30th June and I have not worked since. That was two weeks ago and in that time I have done nothing of note. I had a fantasy that I would get the house sorted out; I would make loads of cards and ATCs, I would go out on photographic expeditions. I have done none of this. In fact, I don’t know what I have actually done.  Apart from the obvious job-hunting etc., I seem to have lived in a perpetual Saturday; i.e. I have a late night, I get up later than on a work day (as late as Marmite will let me anyway), I give the pets their breakfast, make myself a cup of tea, switch on the pc and after what feels like 5 minutes realise that its actually 6pm and the day has vanished!

The good news is that I have had a verbal job offer and hope to start on 26th July. This gives me 10 days of “free” time.  I wonder how many of the things I need to do (for example, posting the thank you card that I made last week and which has sat on my desk ever since…..) will actually get done…hmmmmm….let’s see shall we?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! Please feel free to leave a comment and thanks for dropping by!