Saturday 23 January 2010

Happy Birthday Dad!

It's my lovely Dad's birthday today.

I'm going round there shortly and have lots of goodies for him! I got him the Hairy Bikers' cookery book (he's a dab hand in the kitchen!), a book of quotes from Dads' Army and a yummy chocolate cake. I also made him a sherry trifle and some truffles. this is the recipe for the truffles:-

4 trifle sponge fingers or 4oz left over cake
2 oz plain or milk chocolate
1 tsp jam (apricot is best)
orange juice or spirit as required
chocolate vermicelli or cocoa powder to finish

Grate or liquidise cake/sponge fingers and add to melted chocolate. Add jam and enough juice (or booze) to make a fairly stiff paste. Roll into small balls and coat in vermicelli or cocoa .

Easy peasy and incredibly yum! I find a drop or two of southern comfort or whisky adds a nice depth to the flavour and for the chocolate I use orange Bourneville.

I found the recipe on an internet forum but I can't remember where!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! Please feel free to leave a comment and thanks for dropping by!